Monday 14 September 2015

My Current Skincare Routine


Just dropping by with a quick Skincare related post for you all! I get asked quite frequently what I use on my skin, as what I recommend for individual friends. I have expressed my love for a few products in the past, but have never compiled it in an all-in-one post. I will showcase the order I use the products in, and provide a brief description about the purpose of each product, as well as links with more information and where to purchase them.

I have quite similar routines for morning and night, with obvious products like sunscreen being left out in the PM etc. Now - my routine is by no means perfect, and some of these products may not work for everyone, but they are currently working for me. There are some staples that I don't see myself ever getting rid of, but I will quite often mix up my moisturisers, cleansers and treatment products. One thing missing from my routine is a Vitamin C Serum, and I am currently on the hunt for one - if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below!
SKII

I do not use a cleanser in the morning, rather just splash my face with cold water and have done this my entire adult life. I think over-cleansing can cause issues with skin (especially when using a stripping cleanser!).

1. SKII Facial Treatment Essence. This product is something I can not go a day without. Made from 90% Pitera (the company's signature ingredient), it leaves your skin feeling moisturised, and helps maintain the skin's natural renewal cycle, which in turn creates a wonderful glow. I have been using this product everyday for the past 6 years and would be a 'Desert Island' selection for me. 

2. Clinique Even Better Clinical. Another product I have been using for about 6 years. Being quite fair skinned (and not into tanning - I am pretty much Snow White all year round), some pesky pigmentation spots became slightly visible on my cheekbones when I was quite young. Only really visible to me, I still wanted something to make these fade AND stop new ones from forming. Enter this product. I definitely stand by the Even Better and it's fading powers, and have occasionally tried other newer concoctions, but always come back to this. It is something you need to use consistently to see results, and you MUST wear at least an SPF30, otherwise it is a complete waste of time! Bonus points for this product - it also helps to fade those annoying red spots that acne can leave behind.

3. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum. Another one from the 6 year family! This product firms, brightens and restores the under eye area like no other. It sinks into the skin in an instant, and despite the name, it isn't really 'serumy' (made up word, I know) like most serums are  - more like a slightly oily water. Would not go a day with out this product either.

4. REN Keep Young and Beautiful Eye Cream. This is a relatively new product to my collection, so I am unable to give you my long-term thoughts, however the last month or so I have been using it, I have really liked it. It claims to 'dramatically reduce the appearance of wrinkles, crows feet and deep expression lines around the eyes'. I don't really experience any of those yet, but I am all about prevention. I find it very moisturising and replenishing.

5. Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF 30+. Yet another 6 year baby. Can you tell I got 'serious' about my skincare at a certain point in my life? Love this sunscreen. Although I would prefer to use a Physical rather than a Chemical sunscreen, I am yet to find one that my skin likes. This Mecca sunscreen also doubles as my morning moisturiser and primer as it sinks in like a dream and isn't even remotely greasy. Triple win.

Despite what it may look like, my Morning Routine does not take me that long, and after I have applied my sunscreen, I start with my make up application.

review

Some of these products are double ups from my Morning Routine, so I will not go into any detail in regards to those. Like I mentioned earlier, Moisturiser is something I change quite often, and sometimes think about going back to my good old Oil of Olay I used for over a decade, but being the beauty junkie that I am, I love trying new products too much to settle on a permanent moisturiser...


1. Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution. This is what I use to remove my makeup with cotton rounds. I have tried a few of the other Cleansing Waters that have come into the market in the past year or two, and to be honest - they seem fine to me! I try to purchase this one when it is on sale at Priceline, as I do favour it just slightly over the other brands. Great for removing makeup and it is very gentle on the skin.

2. Lush Angels on Bare Skin. I don't really like foaming cleansers (can not stand that squeaky-clean feeling that so many desire. How can that possible be good for your skin??) and have used Cetaphil for as long as I can remember. Just recently I have mixed up my cleansers and tried a few different ones based on reviews from other bloggers. This cleanser has got quite the write up all over the www, so thought I'd try it to see if it was worth the hype. I love the smell (lavender is one of my very favourite scents), and although it is a little bit of 'hard work' (you need to turn the clay product into a cream by adding water), I am quite enjoying using Angels. It brightens your skin instantly and makes you feel awake (which possibly isn't the desired outcome of a night time routine, but oh well...) and really cleans your skin, minus the 'squeak'.

3. SKII Facial Treatment Essence.

4. Clinique Even Better Clinical.

5. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum.

6. REN Keep Young and Beautiful Eye Cream.

7. SKII Stempower. Ok - big disclaimer here. I have never actually purchased this product. I have been lucky and receivied quite a few samples over my time with other purchases at SKII or through the Membership Rewards. It is quite expensive and I am unsure as to whether I would actually pay retail for this product. Yes - I love it, but not sure if I $200-worth love it... Will keep you posted on that one. Like I said - it may be back to my trust Oil of Olay...

 I also use a variety of oils in-lieu of moisturiser (Rosehip Oils, Oil Blends etc) or on top of my moisturiser every other night, which I know many people are afraid of if they have oily skin. Don't be!! Using an oil product actually helps to counteract the skin's natural oiliness, and quite often results in you skin producing less oil. Confusing I know!! But let the results speak for themselves.

8. Mecca Cosmetica Lip De Luscious. Oh MY how I love this overnight treatment. You wake up with plump, moisturised lips and you can totally cancel your next Juvederm appointment if used religiously (Kidding! Kind of.)
review


These are products I use occasionally. This could mean once a week, once a fortnight, or just when ever I feel the need!

1. Alpha H Liquid Gold. This is a product  I love, but find it quite harsh so only use it about once or twice a week. Made with 5% Glycolic Acid, it is an Award Winning resurfacing treatment that should be a part of everyone's routine. The nights I use this I do not use any other products (feels weird, but that is what the company recommends!) and it leaves the skin feeling super soft and glowy the following day. It fights sun damage, wrinkles and spots, and really is 'liquid gold' in a bottle.

2. SKII Facial Treatment Mask . These are something that I can not travel with out - especially on long haul flights. They are cooling and nourishing on tired, dehydrated skin and helps with the inevitable 'jet lag skin'. I do use them occasionally at home, or before an event, but I mostly like to save them for travel.

3. SKII Signs Eye Mask. Another product I have been using for quite some time - I like to use these Napoleon Eye Masks for travel as I find they are perfect for tired, puffy travel eyes - but use the SKII masks as a fortnightly treatment at home. They contain Pitera, like most other SKII products, and help to combat the early signs of ageing. I assume they are working, as I haven't had too many lines appear as yet!

So there you have it. My Daily Beauty Routine in one lovely little post for you. Like I mentioned earlier - this is by no means perfect, and I am not a beauty expert - although very interested in this area so I am constantly researching and reading about products and ingredients.

Do you use any of these products?

What are some of your favourites?

Are there any products you thing I should try?

Let me know in the comments below!


This is not a sponsored post. 
Love Miss Walker is part of several affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site , I may make a small commission from that click and/or purchase. All opinions are my own. I so appreciate your readership, support, and for making Love Miss Walker possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...