Saturday 1 February 2014

The Perfect Orange Lipstick

At the beginning of 2013, I had a black tie wedding to attend in Sydney. A few days before the wedding, the Golden Globe Awards were on and I spotted the look below on Jessica Alba. (Red Carpet season is my favourite season of the year!)

Jessica Alba Hourglass Riviera Orange


I knew immediately that this was the exact lip colour I wanted to wear. I spent about half an hour on google tracking it down, and was extremely excited when I discovered that it was a shade by Hourglass Cosmetics, one of my favourite makeup brands. I had booked to have my makeup applied at Mecca Cosmetica (who stock Hourglass), so it felt like it was meant to be.

{Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in 'Riviera' is the name of it for anyone who is interested, and it can be found here for $42.}

The lipstick is in a liquid form with an applicator stick attached to the lid. The colour is very rich and it stayed on all night - I only really needed to reapply top coat and fix the edges a little after eating. 

Below are a few photos of the shade on me (as I look nothing like J.Alba..).


Hourglass orange lipstick
{please excuse the hotel room selfie..}

Hourglass orange lipstick
{we look extra shiny as it was one of the hottest days of the
summer in sydney that day. but it was a good test for my makeup!
this photo was taken about 4 hours after the initial application of my lippy
...not bad, hey??}

I have worn the shade several times since this particular wedding, and always get comments on the colour. I have tried several different orange lipsticks before finding this one, and it beats all the others by a mile. 

Happy weekend everyone

B xx






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...