Monday 24 March 2014

Sunday Funday & A Recipe

So, this blog could never be called a food blog in any way, shape or form, as we both consider a glass of red, some crackers and camembert cheese a well rounded meal .

However, I do want to share this gluten free savoury muffin recipe with you all, as it is simply delicious. I try to stay as gluten free as possible, as it just makes me feel better, but I do love my sourdough and rye breads , so I give into the 'devil' (as my sister, Zoe so fondly calls it) every now and again.

I served these muffins at the little Oscars Party I had a few weeks back, and they were a hit with all - gluten lovers included.


Sun-dried tomato & herb muffins : 

1 1/2 cups gluten free self-raising flour
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped basil and/or spinach
1 1/2 cups finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
80g softened butter
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and prep a muffin tray. 
Combine dry ingredients first, then mix in the herbs/cheese & tomatoes. 
Beat (or stir!! this is what I do and it works fine) butter & eggs together and then add milk. 

Mix the wet ingredients into the other bowl and stir together. Divide the mixture evenly between each section 

Cook for 15-18 mins and serve when warm for the yummiest results!! {Makes 6-8 large muffins.} 

I have also added sweet potato and feta cheese to this recipe and that turns out delicious too. 

Last weekend we spent the entire Sunday down at the South Perth Foreshore with some lovely friends. 

There were bottles of bubble consumed, games of cricket and elastics (blast from the past, that one!!) played and a yummy BBQ prepared by our boys to eat. It was such a lovely day, and as usual, the Perth weather was on it's best behaviour. 


^^ if it's good enough for ellen... ^^


 ^^ beautiful perth ^^

 ^^ the chefs ^^
 ^^ playing the spoons... ^^


 ^^ tiger photography ^^








^^ serious business, this cricket stuff ^^



 ^^ it all came back to me. loved this game as a kid ^^
 ^^ orb!! ^^



Hope everyone has had a great start to the week!

B xxx

nb : photos taken with a canon EOS 100D, 'Ellen Selfies' taken with iPhone 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...